According to 360 Research Reports, the market size of global recycled yarns is projected to reach USD 10.55 billion by 2026. More than ever, the market demands sustainability and transparency that span the entire production chain, from raw materials to end products, with an aim to reduce environmental impacts.
“Sustainability plays a key role in the recently released 14th Five-Year Plan for China’s textile and apparel sector, which commits to the development of green textiles from 2021 to 2025. On top of cutting down on energy consumption and carbon emissions, China aims to build a circular economy and create new value-added products based on recycled materials, which would account for 15% of the country’s total textile fibre manufacturing. Yarn Expo can help the industry achieve these goals by allowing buyers to discover sustainability directly from the many suppliers at the fair offering eco-friendly products and services, while overseas buyers can make use of our online platform to meet these same exhibitors,” said Ms Wendy Wen, Senior General Manager of Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd.
International and domestic exhibitors at Yarn Expo Autumn will be showcasing a wide array of products that caters to the growing demand for sustainability, including:
- Cotton Council International (USA): the non-profit association will promote US cotton fibre and cotton products with the new US Cotton Trust Protocol, which sets the standard for more sustainably grown cotton that is traceable and transparent.
- Rieter Management AG (Switzerland): the world’s leading supplier of systems for short-staple fibre spinning will present machinery and spinning technologies for converting natural and man-made fibres and their blends into yarns with the lowest possible consumption of energy, water and chemicals.
- Qingdao ClusterLoft Co Ltd (China): a technology-based enterprise that specialises in high-performance down-like thermal insulation filling materials. The EcoCluster series is developed from recycled fibres made from 100% recycled plastic bottles, making it a high-quality replacement for goose down with lightweight and easy wash features.
- Jilin Chemical Fiber Group Co Ltd (China): the group will showcase four series of products derived from bamboo – Tanboocel® fibre, rayon, acrylic filament and recycled acrylic – which all incorporate antibacterial and deodorant properties and can be completely degraded by nature.
- Tangshan Sanyou Group Xingda Chemical Fibre Co Ltd (China): to achieve the goals of ‘carbon peak’ and ‘carbon neutral’, this exhibitor will introduce the environmentally friendly viscose TangCell® EcoTang™, made from certifiable forest trees with reduced water consumption and carbon emissions, as well as TangCell® ReVisco™ which recycles textile cotton waste as raw materials.
- Guangdong Qiu Sheng Resources Co Ltd (China): a national base for R&D and technological applications for textile waste recycling, this company produces recycled differentiated polyester staple fibres and dope coloured ‘green fibres’ that are used in industrial fields.
Virtual sourcing experience with Yarn Expo’s E-Source platform
To provide a seamless experience connecting exhibitors and visitors, Yarn Expo Autumn offers an online platform, E-Source, for business matching and addressing sourcing needs without limitations of time and location. The all-in-one platform complements the physical trade fair and hybrid showcase display area by allowing buyers to sort their target suppliers with specific sourcing criteria and receive AI-driven matching recommendations. Real-time interactions are facilitated by instant messaging and video call functions, so that buyers can submit enquiries and schedule onsite or online meetings with exhibitors during the three-day event and even after the fair. Buyers who have pre-registered for Yarn Expo Autumn will be automatically enrolled in E-Source to enjoy this hassle-free sourcing experience.
For more details about joining Yarn Expo online, please visit: https://yarn-expo-autumn.hk.messefrankfurt.com/shanghai/en/planning-preparation/E-Source.html
Yarn Expo Autumn is organised by Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd and the Sub-Council of Textile Industry, CCPIT. The fair will be held concurrently with Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics – Autumn Edition, Intertextile Shanghai Home Textiles – Autumn Edition, PH Value and CHIC.
Further press information & picture material
Information from the international textiles sector and Messe Frankfurt’s textiles fairs worldwide can be found at: www.texpertise-network.com.
Background information on Messe Frankfurt
The Messe Frankfurt Group is the world’s largest trade fair, congress and event organiser with its own exhibition grounds. The Group employs approximately 2,450 people at its headquarters in Frankfurt am Main and in 29 subsidiaries around the world. The company generated annual sales of approximately €257 million in 2020 after having recorded sales of €736 million the previous year. Even in difficult times caused by the coronavirus pandemic, we are globally networked with our industry sectors. We have close ties with our industry sectors and serve our customers’ business interests efficiently within the framework of our Fairs & Events, Locations and Services business fields. One of the Group’s key USPs is its closely knit global sales network, which extends throughout the world. Our comprehensive range of services – both onsite and online – ensures that customers worldwide enjoy consistently high quality and flexibility when planning, organising and running their events. We are expanding our digital expertise with new business models. The wide range of services includes renting exhibition grounds, trade fair construction and marketing, personnel and food services. Headquartered in Frankfurt am Main, the company is owned by the City of Frankfurt (60 percent) and the State of Hesse (40 percent).
For more information, please visit our website at: www.messefrankfurt.com